Thirsty? Then Bite In A Drink!
Here is why I love the internet…I can find great drink ideas like this –
Watermelon Mojito Popsicles!
Yep, the icy cold goodness of a popsicle with the tasty kick of a Mojito! I found a couple of amazing recipes for these frozen treats, and I wanted to share one with you!
Here’s the recipe – obviously you can add the rum or not, they are delicious either way!
Makes 12 2.5 oz Popsicles
· 8oz. watermelon juice (2 ½ cups chopped watermelon)
· 2 oz fresh lime juice
· 1 oz. simple mint syrup (recipe follows)
· 8 oz. light rum
· 14 oz. club soda
Here are your easy instructions:
1. Place chopped watermelon in a food processor or blender and process until watermelon is juiced (will be slightly pulpy).
2. Combine watermelon juice, lime juice, mint syrup and rum in a shaker and shake well. Fill popsicle mold 3/4 of the way up with mixture. Fill remaining popsicle mold with club soda and stir to combine.
3. Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
“Bustle” Up Some “Adult” Popsicles!
Alcoholic popsicles are quite the rage! Here are Mojito Popsicles that use lime and mint instead of watermelon:
And of course, remember you don’t need your alcohol frozen – IF you have a spare “ox bone” handy!
Behold The “Bone Luge!”
Yep, just grab a hollowed out ox bone and have your favorite drink served up fresh!
I love the “bone luge!” Not sure if you get that “meaty” flavor with your drink, but read all about this trend by clicking here:
I’ve also been looking at fun “bites” for summer: instead of a big meal, something lighter!
As part of my “52 In 22” cooking challenge this year, I made a number of appetizers from a Japanese Pub Cookbook – see those recipes here!
As my “52 Cookbooks 52 Recipes” challenge continues, I am sharing and storing all of these recipes on my food website “Bite! Eat! Repeat!” – it’s your site for all things food – if you like what you see, please click on my link and follow this blog as well!
Let me know what you think of my “52 In 22” challenge!
If you like the story, share it with friends on social media! Thanks!